Job title: Application Support Analyst
Duration: 6 months
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GTS – Implementation and Production Management is seeking a Production Support Analyst to provide ongoing production support for multiple Data Warehouses and enterprise Data Lake, which consist of ETL tools such as Informatica and DataStage, and databases such as DB2, SQL Server & Nettezza.
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a very supportive and helpful team while taking on a very crucial role that heavily impacts bank’s operations. The candidate will also potentially have the opportunity to branch into Google Cloud support.
Typical Day in Role
• Providing production batch processing support
• Troubleshoot failed jobs and output data, remediating issues
• Working with Development team and Level 3 support to resolve issues
• Identifying repeated challenges and finding permanent solutions
• To manage production incident tickets effectively and efficiently
• If assistance from other teams is needed, coordinate efforts for reassessment and quick resolution, Monitor, Support and troubleshoot problems in the production application environment.
• Conduct root cause analysis of application incidents and implement recommendations to improve the situation focusing on permanent solutions.
• Respond to stakeholder with the agreed SLA’s
• Ensuring the production issues are resolved on time
• Ensures procedure is followed as required within Production Support
• Maintaining technical documentation and tracking challenges
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years of Production support /IT technical working experience.
2) Working experience in a multi-disciplinary setting accessing multiple databases in a multi-system, multi-architecture environment
3) 4+ Hands on experience with ETL technologies (Informatica or Datastage)
4) 2 + Hands on experience with SQL and Unix
5) 2 + years of experience working in a Production Support Environment, with problem solving and investigative skills
6) 2+ years of experience with Hadoop
7) Excellent verbal and written communication skills – users, developers, stakeholders, management
8) Ability to work well across many teams and environment
– Experience with SAS or Cognos
– Prior Banking experience
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1 Step Process: 1 In-Person Technical Panel Interview