Job Title: Application Support Engineer
Location Address: Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months with possibility for extension based on funding & performance
Typical Day in Role
– Provides expert advice to application teams/share owners and infrastructure on industry best practices for NFS migration.
– Collect, analyze and document requirements and application dependencies for successful migration
– Coordinate with infrastructure and application teams on the testing schedule and planning
– Participates as technical or business consultant in testing and debugging NFS migration issues.
– Documents test cases and test results
– Proactively partners with application teams and share owners/representatives to ensure successful migration of the NFS.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Previous Experience working with Unix environments (Linux required, Solaris desirable) – 2+ years of hands on experience with Linux
2) Strong experience/knowledge of NFS infrastructure and storage technologies such as NetApp – 2+ years of hands on experience
3) Strong Project Management & Business Analysis experience – 2+ years of hands on experience
4) Excellent communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills are essential.
5) Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and client relationship skills.
6) Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives.
– Experience with Solaris
– Hands-on working experience in storage migration projects
– Working experience in a multi-disciplinary setting accessing multiple databases in a multi-system, multi-architecture environment