Job Title: Application Developer(VBA)
Duration: 6 months
The Client Custom Reporting Team within bank’s Institutional Group Benefits and Retirement
Solutions area is looking for a highly motivated individual with a passion for providing solid business
solutions. The Application Developer is a critical role within the business unit developing solutions for a
variety of customers across departments.
The Application Developer has the responsibility to lead the analysis, creation, development, and the
maintenance of new and existing critical GBRS underwriting applications. The individual will also
be responsible for supporting various applications that are critical to daily activities. Finally, the
Application Developer will support the Client Reporting, Underwriting, and Pricing areas to develop and
implement software applications. These various tools will be used to enhance business technology
projects and develop/enhance annual business planning processes/models to support the execution of
the divisional business strategy.
· Design & program integrated application requirements and present them in a concise way that
adds value and meets the high-quality reporting standards of Institutional GBRS
· Work with the Leadership team to recommend and implement technology functions/solutions to
help drive business strategy and create process efficiencies
· Provide strong technology leadership to GBRS Areas while working in a business systems
analyst capacity by conducting needs assessment interviews and workshops to determine and
prioritize reporting requirements for their areas
· Proactively looking for new and unique opportunities to streamline and consolidate reporting
effectiveness by questioning traditional assumptions
· Develop and negotiate project plans for delivering the MIS and project manage the creation,
development & delivery of the MIS through all the phases of the Project Life Cycle while
managing project scope.
· Provide maintenance and enhancement of existing applications and end-user support
· Develop tools/utilities/MIS to support the activities of the Client Custom Reporting Department
· 3 – 5+ Years of experience in a Programmer/Application Developer type role
· University Degree, College Diploma or equivalent working experience
· Superior programming knowledge (Visual Basic for Application (VBA), C#, SQL)
· In-depth knowledge of database application development using Microsoft SQL Server including
SSIS and SSRS.
· Knowledge of web services such as WebAPI would be an asset.
· Superior analytical skills and good understanding of the Project Management Life Cycle
· Excellent negotiation skills and prioritization skills
· Ability to interact comfortably with Senior Management on a regular basis
· Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
· Highly motivated and driven, able to work independently with minimal supervision
· Balances business and technical issues to develop effective solutions
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Solution oriented and demonstrated judgment and decision-making skills
· Attention to accuracy and detail is critical
· Strong team player with a high commitment to quality work and service
· Ability to develop positive internal business relationships and contacts
· Strong mathematical skills
5+ yrs experience – Plans, designs, develops, codes and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products. Revises and refines systems as required. Participates in the devising of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing and ongoing support of business systems. Develops and maintains operational and system level documentation. Must be able to apply SDLC concepts and have a proven track record of delivering solid, robust applications. Strong communication skills are required as position will interact with business owners. 3-5 years of prior software development experience required.