Job Title: Application Architect – Level 3
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 12 months
Request for one (1) application architect, level 3 for Integrated Vehicle Safety Emission and Inspection Program (IVSEIP)
Responsibilities/Assignment Deliverables/ Skill Set Requirements:
The purpose of this RFS is to acquire one (1) Applications Architect, Role 1, Level 3 to support the Integrated Vehicle Safety Emission and Inspection Program (IVSEIP) in the Project Management and Program Delivery Branch (PMPD).
The Application Architect will be responsible for the following activities and deliverables:
- Develop, recommend, implement, and manage the application architecture (hardware, software, database, and communications) which will be used for all or specific applications in a large, distributed cross-platform environment.
- Define and describe application and business architecture requirements with clients and obtain I&IT management approval. Develops and obtains approval for detailed plans and resource estimates for large-scale and complex information architecture projects and/or components of other projects with application architecture elements.
- Undertakes and/or leads in-depth and complex application architecture reviews and assessments, development and/or support projects, to support new and changed enterprise priorities and initiatives, and client clusters’ and their clients’ application architecture and/or business needs.
- Researches, develops, implements and maintains application architectural policies and standards, as approved by management.
- Ensures integration with related corporate and client cluster policies and standards, and incorporation of best practices in the industry.
- Provides general and situation-specific application architecture interpretation advice and expertise to other project and/or enterprise level I&IT project teams, client management and staff, cluster clients, and external contractors.
- Leads and/or participates in highly sensitive application architecture investigations.
- Deliver architectural artefacts as required by the OPS/RUS Zachman Enterprise framework.
- Deliver architectural artefacts as required by the GOSMART methodologies and IT gating process. (e.g. Software Architecture Document, Logical architecture, Conceptual architecture document.)
- Deliver architectural artefacts as required by the project to successfully pass through the project review checkpoints and gateways.
- Provide leadership, facilitation and presentation for the architecture definition and implementation of the projects.
- Provide leadership in updating an existing architecture work plan and design meetings. If required, participate in the selection or implementation of acquired solutions and tools.
- Participate in the review of the artefacts in all architectural domains to ensure overall architecture quality and consistency.
- Define solutions to accommodate the communication between the system components and the other systems that it must interact with to support the business and any new or modified service delivery requirements.
- Resolve technical and system problems/issues with business clients and other teams in order to ensure the project activities are implemented.
- Ensure the project teams develop artefacts according to Ministry standards and
- Assist in the resolution of system related issues when needed.
- Provide post implementation support.
- Assist in IT project management in the preparation and maintenance of project plans as required.
- Provide effective knowledge transfer to Ministry staff at all stages of this assignment.
Skill Set Requirements:
- Leadership experience in the development and implementation of application architectures at the specified experience level.
- Knowledge of and experience with MTO application patterns and infrastructure
- Experience in structured methodologies for the design, development and implementation of
- Extensive experience in systems analysis and design in large systems environments
- Experience in the use of Computer Aided Software Engineering (Case) tools (i.e.
PowerDesigner) and other software tools
- Awareness of emerging technologies, trends and direction
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of and experience working with MTO IT applications