Job Posting Title: Applications Architect – Level 3
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 3 months
Our public sector client requires Architect, to provide analysis and expertise on recommended solutions, development work to implement those solutions, develop and maintain processes, and resolve and troubleshoot technical problems that may arise during the use and operation of software.
The Resources will be expected to provide technical assistance in implementation, conversion and migrations.
The Services and Deliverable's to be provided by the Vendor will include the following:
• Design, Develop, Administer and populate updates to the MSSQL databases
• Modify or Create .Net MVC, .Net Webforms and ASMX Web Services
• Modify or Create existing BMC Remedy workflow
• Develop or modify existing Custom Style Sheets (CSS)
• Develop or modify existing integration logic with the BMC Remedy ITSM toolset and related modules (Incident, Service Request, Change, Release, Problem, CMDB)
• Create administrators guide and support documentation for the web application(s) and BMC Remedy
• Development of methods and procedures to load and maintain large amounts of data between the OPS BMC Remedy toolset and ITSM toolsets of the external vendor(s)
• User acceptance testing of the tool(s)
• Complete work and achieve milestones within the assigned deadlines;
• Notify the Cluster/Ministry project Manager in writing of any issues or other material concerns related to the assignment deliverables, as soon as he/she becomes aware of them
• Submit deliverables for the Cluster/Ministry approval as they are completed;
• Comply with the Ontario Government and the Cluster/Ministry security procedures and practices
• Comply with the Ontario Government and the Cluster/Ministry architecture/technology standards and best practices
• Comply with the Ontario Government and the Cluster/Ministry Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Guidelines
• Provide knowledge and skill transfer to a designated Cluster/Ministry staff
• Comply with the Ontario Government I&IT Directive, Operational Policy on the I&IT Project
- Gateway Process, and other applicable Guidelines, Standards and Procedures.
- ITIL knowledge and experience
Price 30 %
ITIL Knowledge 12%
• Expert knowledge, and has worked in and designed processes around ITIL Practices and can guide others using this Methodology Has ITIL Foundation V3 Certification
• OPS or Public Sector IT Service Desk experience or similar
• OPS or Public Sector Legacy Desk experience or similar
• Experience with OPS (TBS/ESM/ITS) or Public Sector environment preferred
BMC Service Management Tool Experience 30%
• Experience using and implementing BMC ITSM 7.6.04/8.1/9.1 for a large Enterprise Service Desk Experience in ITSM compliant Remedy System.
• Experience in Recognized, ITSM compliant Service Desk tool (Tivoli Service Desk, Heat, IMPACT, CA Service Desk)
• Ability to provide Service Management via emails, word documents, etc.
• Experience in developing enterprise architecture deliverables (e.g. models)
Related Technical Experience 10%
• Industry recognized Service desk experience (IBM, CSC, HP, DELL, etc.) Worked in a helpdesk environment of 10 or more employees
• Worked on a local IT support Team, providing phone and email support
• Background in Enterprise Scale user migrations is a nice to have Knowledge and experience with Java development
Application Methodology Experience 8%
• 10 + years Application Methodology experience following the Software development lifecycle including Analysis, planning, design, coding, testing, unit test,
Communication Skills 10%
• Experience with developing complex documents, synthesizing a variety of ideas, views and issues into a fluid and cohesive fashion and articles of thought, processes and information in a profound and persuasive way to provoke audience to thought or action.
• Experience with communicating information that sets new corporate and political direction and has a large public impact, provincially, nationally and/or globally.
• Strong understanding of the impact of messaging on others
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to respond to questions by providing clear, concise and accurate information