Hiring Manager: Senior Development Manager
Location Address: Hybrid – 333 King Street E – coming into office on a needs basis, preferably candidates in the GTA
Contract Duration: 1 year
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday; standard 37.5 hrs/week – OT expected on a biweekly basis – will be on pager rotation and will work off-hours (evening and weekend) to support production issues
Max BNS rate: 57.87/Hr – needs to stay within this BR, will not be able to consider candidates above rate due to budget
Reason: Backfill for Mat Leave
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Core – Digital Engineering Operations part of Digital Banking
Project: API Engineering Management team – focusing on SAAS solution – APIGEE from Google
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a diverse environment and make a difference and lasting impact. The candidate will have an opportunity to be part of a group of talented people changing how the bank develops applications, consumes services, and manages the IT infrastructure. Opportunities to do challenging work in a mission critical system to the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
• Deploying, maintaining and managing all stages of Technology Product life cycle including prototyping/inception, testing, and production.
• Work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems.
• Ensure/monitor the availability, performance, scalability and security of production systems.
• Help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
• Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
• System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
• Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
• Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
• Create documentation including design and operational support documents.
• Regularly conveying status to team and management.
• Manage operations and support of APIM platforms (APIgee)
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3+ years of software engineering industry experience
2) 1+ years’ experience with Dynatrace and Splunk – to monitor status of applications, and to identify which components are being impacted
3) 1+ years’ experience with micro gateways and proxies
1) Previous experience with API management – APIGee and APIM Platforms
2) Experience/understanding of network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP)
3) DevOps experience
4) Experience in application support in a 24×7 uptime environment.
Soft Skills Required:
• Good communication skills
• Quick learner
• Good problem solver
• Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
Best VS. Average Candidate:
Ideal candidate would have strong DevOps experience and exposure to APIGee, additional to the requirements listed.