Job Posting Title: API Developer/Designer
Contract Length: 6 months (possibility for extension based on performance and funding)
Location: WFH (once on site, Toronto)
The team manages the design standards, provides API designs as code, and governs API and Events designs and for all application development teams across the bank. If you are passionate about API/microservices and events driven architecture designs, have a strong technical mindset, and thrive when immersed in a fast-moving and high performing team, then this is the place for you!
The team is seeking an API Developer/Designer to assist with the API Marketplace Enable program business case. It involves the launch a new application product, post launch there is a migration. It is currently in the execution phase but is anticipated to go on till March 2022.
As an API Developer/Designer, you will have an opportunity to be part of a group of people influence how the Bank designs APIs/microservices, Events driven applications, and the underlying platform technologies. We are looking to build our team with influencers, practitioners, and thought leaders who will drive us forward and enhance the experience of our customers.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended while gaining experience with emerging technologies such as Cloud.
Typical Day in the Role:
– Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
– Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
– Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
– Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
– Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
– Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
- Hands-on API Design and Development (Web APIs) using OpenAPI Specifications (OAS) – 5+ years of hands on experience
- Java (back end coding) – 5+ years of hands on experience
- Spring Boot (development using Spring Boot for Java API Development) – 3+ years of hands on experience
- Git (source controller) – 5+ years of hands on experience
- Maven or Griddle (for build) – 5+ years of hands on experience
Nice to Have Skills:
– Experience with Cloud (MS Azure or GCP preferred)– very nice to have
– PCF experience – very nice to have
– FI/Banking experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field