Job Title: AP Designer/Data Architect X 2
Duration: 6 Months
***PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT CANDIDATES PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED TO BNSJP00010163 or BNSJP00010164
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Enterprise Software Engineering and Architecture team is seeking an API & Microservices Designer to support the Plato Organization. This team is leading APIs, Microservices and Banking-as-a-services (BaaS) engineering, architecture and governance in PLATO. This role is responsible for API data modelling design and provides oversight and governance on all enterprise BaaS and API data modeling design across Scotiabank. This role will ensure all APIs modelled in support of enterprise API, Microservices and BaaS architecture and the director’s mandates.
PLATO is a development platform, which drives velocity, service enablement and reusability. It’s an integrated set of technical products encapsulating critical enterprise capabilities, automated processes, and social architecture to enable high-velocity application development. The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilests and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences to customers.
• Reason for request: Workload/Project need
Candidate Value Proposition
• Large, high-visibility program for Canada's biggest international bank
Typical Day in Role
1. Create API data models for APIs, Banking-as-a-services (BaaS) and Microservices based on industry common data modeling standards including FSLDM, ISO20022 and etc.
2. Contribute to enterprise API design toolings development for offering self-serve API design with automated validation and embed governance.
3. Create and maintain all legacy/new Swagger 2.0 and Open API 3.0 documentation repository following industry version control process and standards.
4. Integrate all Swagger and Open API 3.0 documentation with API management portal.
5. Collaborate and review the Business Capability Model for creating re-usable APIs and BaaS across enterprise.
6. Participate in the discussions between domain experts to extract the necessary information to develop an accurate model.
7. Quickly grasp new domains and translate them into scalable, cacheable, performant and secure API schema.
8. Work as part of fast paced innovation/development teams to design new APIs and BaaS with agility and velocity.
9. Create and maintain logical data model
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Experience creating API data models for APIs, Banking-as-a-services (BaaS) and Microservices based on industry common data modeling standards including FSLDM, ISO20022 (1+ year)
2) Experience creating and maintaining all legacy/new Swagger 2.0 and Open API 3.0 documentation repository (1+ year)
3) Experience contributing to enterprise API design toolings development
4) API design ecosystem (3+ years experience creating and developing enterprise API design with Swagger, Open API, RAML, YAML, Smart Doc, API Gateway or API Portal)
5) Experience with HTTP REST APIs (1+ year)
6) Exospore or Knowledge of Dev Ops (Hands on experience with Jenkins & Docker preferred)
7) JSON (3+ years experience creating JSON schemas)
8) FI/Banking Industry (2+ years experience as a Data Architect in FI/Bank)
– Experience or knowledge of Spring Boot Application Development
– Basic Agile terminology and practices such as User Stories, Backlog, Scrum, and Acceptance Criteria.
– Exposure or hands on experience with canonical data modeling webservices
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required