Location Address: WFH, followed by Toronto
Contract Duration: 04/04/2022 to 10/31/2022
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GRT – Risk Management
• Project: Seeking a resource to help in the migration of Angular and ag-grid.
• Reason for request: Workflow ? New contractor on Tardis.
Candidate Value Proposition
– The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work as a front-end GUI developer and work to migrate systems.
Typical Day in Role
• Migrate from Angular 4 to the latest version
• Make sure all the services and GUI work as usual
• Testing and build support
• Primarily front-end le, although will also be working with databases and Scala
• Communicating with BA developer, as well as development team
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years’ experience working with Angular 4 or newer version
• 6+ years’ experience in Scala or Java
• Experience with migration from different Angular versions (e.g. migrating from Angular 4 to a newer version)
• 1-2+ years’ experience with Angular 11+ (will be migrating in to this version)
• Previous financial industry experience is an asset
• Python experience is an asset
• Linux experience is an asset
• Good communication
Best vs Average: Will have worked with Angular 4 (or optimally starting at an even earlier version) all the way up to the latest version. This will help them migrate code successfully to the newer version.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format:
o Two rounds + potential codility