Android Tech Lead
We are looking for a seasoned Android Lead Developer to come join a high-performing mobile banking team.
On your first project, you will be a part of an agile team – working alongside your colleagues and our client to write efficient and optimized code, gathering, and working on requirements, and integrating with their organization to build and deliver a complex solution. In this role, you will be consistently collaborating with your fellow software engineers, product managers, scrum masters, and technical program managers.
We take tremendous pride in creating the best bespoke software for our clients and are thrilled that our team continues to learn and grow together.
Day-to-day, You Will:
- Influence technical strategy to build products clients and their consumers will love.
- Contribute to all stages of the software development cycle, including definition, design, development, and rollout of Android-based solutions.
- Participate in the integration of on-device solutions with enterprise services, including but not limited to content management, analytics, authentication, and profile stores.
- Identify and fix bugs and bottlenecks.
- Be accountable to code quality, testability and performance.
You have a passion for all mobile technologies, specifically Android development. Your background includes experience delivering native Android applications, with experience in Kotlin/Java. You likely have experience as a consultant, working with external clients on a regular basis.
Your Technical And Business Skillset Likely Includes:
- Have experience coaching and mentoring a team of Android developers.
- Excellent knowledge of Kotlin (Java – nice to have).
- Expert knowledge in Android development tools, SDK and Android OS.
- Experience in all parts of the Android development lifecycle including application development (application structure, device and operating system API's, debugging, performance, security), 3rd party integration points, deployment, updating and roll-out.
- Strong command in computer science concepts and programming best practices (OOP, SOLID, Design Patterns).
- Common mobile application architecture patterns (MVVM, MVC, MVP) and Test-Driven Development.
- Experience with dependency injection and reactive programming (RxJava) frameworks.
- Experience with and a desire to learn other mobile technologies, including iOS, Flutter, React Native etc.
- Experience consuming web services (REST) and processing data (XML/JSON).
- You likely have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) as well as 5+ years of Android experience.