Location Address: WFH, Toronto once reopened, possible hybrid
Contract Duration: 6 months, with possibility of extension or FTE
Summary: Technical analyst with solid development background and business knowledge in the cap markets area. System is a vendor application that requires the candidate to understand the manual’s content, communicate with vendor, understanding on computer science (solid knowledge of coding)
Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: Team that supports the business user (treasury, cash management)
• Project: regulatory requirements: focused on providing technology solutions to streamline the business process and any regulatory needs that need to be implemented to the group they’d be working on. Currently working on two enhancement
o Supports the vendor-based application (Reality), enhancements and ongoing support to this application
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team with lots of challenges throughout the day and collaborate with all kinds of different stakeholders (not only technology team but involved in business as well). This is a big technology team, there are always opportunities to develop within the team and shift scope of role based on interests and strengths.
Typical Day in Role:
• Strong technical knowledge on systems and infrastructure in order to lead the design and development of reporting initiatives.
• Contribute to projects being on schedule and meeting regulatory reporting requirements under critical timelines.
• Contributes to the design of new applications and undertakes enhancements.
• Involved in the full software development life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget.
• Build relationships and communicate effectively with colleagues in all regions. Works closely with end-users, Business Analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Must take an interest in understanding the business functions of the end-users.
• Provide afterhours support via an on-call pager on a rotational basis especially for application releases during a maintenance window or for other
• Every project and day will differ in responsibilities, the successful candidate will be flexible to work with various teams
• Opportunity to take on business analysis related responsibilities whenever needed
• Role is about 30% front end and 70% back end
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• Strong programming background:
o 5-8 years Java, Python, Postgres SQL, Unix Shell Scripts
o 5 years of Oracle
• 5+ years’ experience with ElasticSearch, Kafka, RabbitMQ
• 3+ years SQL Server, Redis, Kibana.
• Foundational knowledge of containers and container orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes)
• 3 years: Proficiency in using Git for source code repository; Maven and Jenkins for build.
• Has Worked in an Agile Environment.
• NiFi ETL tool experience: candidates with experience will be preferred, but can be learned on the job
• Understanding of cloud-based deployment will be a plus
• Knowledge of capital markets and financial instruments is a good to have
• Able to take on business analysis related responsibilities whenever needed
• Self-motivated candidate
• Detail oriented
• Ability to multitask
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Able to work with limited supervision/ Independent thinker, proactive
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required