Location Address: Work from Home (Toronto)
Contract Duration: 6 months + good chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: This department is specifically focused on derivatives technology. They look after the end-to-end application of there in house-built trading platform.
• Project: The Group is working on a new initiative within capital markets called the DAS (Distributed Analytics Service) project. This Opco service will be integrated into the derivatives platform built on Object Oriented Java programming and requires a strong back-end developer.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to leverage new technology they continue to develop systems to support Capital Markets businesses worldwide.
The team is leading the way in developing modern systems to support Capital Markets businesses worldwide. Client is looking for creative, self-starting, results-oriented, highly motivated individual with attention to details and excellent problem-solving skills. The incumbent needs to be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced and agile environment*
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build long lasting relationships within Canadian and Global Markets. This candidate will be a key driver in ensuring testing initiatives are analyzed and maintained through the SDLC cycle.
Typical Day in the role:
• Ability to create business solutions that increase competitive advantage
• Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Project management skills to handle diverse projects, often simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines
• Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details
• Ability to increase operating efficiency with produce high quality technical solutions
• A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
Must Have skills:
1. 5+ years’ experience with core development with Java, multithreading programming (minimum 2 years with Java 1.8)
2. Microservice experience with REST, Spring Boot (minimum 3 years’)
3. 3 + years’ experience with Dockers and Kubernetes
4. Strong understanding of the SDLC cycle, within an Agile environment, with minimum 2 years’ experience
– Excellent communication skills required to facilitate requirements with multiple vendors
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
Nice to have:
– Capital Markets project experience (Derivatives and Risk/ Analytics preferred) – is highly preferred and will be prioritized
– STP experience is a strong plus and will be prioritized
– NoSQL database experience is a plus
– Cassandra is a nice to have skill