Location Address: Toronto – WFH for now
Contract Duration: ASAP – 10/29/21
Story Behind the Need
Business group: AML Program – performing ad-hoc and regular 1st Line Testing to assess the adherence, and effectiveness of the AML Policies and Procedures, and that anti-money laundering/anti-terrorist financing and sanctions (collectively “AML”) controls are being appropriately executed in jurisdictions
Project: Conduct an AML & Regulatory Remediation of all Canadian clients with a Client Risk Rating of Low and Moderate. An analysis of official book of business has shown that this applies to ~13000 clients. AML Advisory and Controls is being tasked to perform 1st line testing over the execution of this remediation in order to ensure that the Remediation meets its objective, which is compliance with relevant AML and Regulatory Policies and Standards. There is a tight timeline to complete the remediation by April 2022 so it is critical to hire these resources as soon as possible given the required ramp up period for the project.
The main function of the AML Analyst is to provide reasonable assurance that quality standards are met, performing ad-hoc and regular 1st Line Testing to assess the adherence and effectiveness of the AML Policies & Procedures, and that AML controls are being appropriately executed in jurisdictions.
Candidate Value Proposition: Experience with Global Banking and Global Capital Market customers which is a selective portfolio within the banking industry. Access to global operations completed by Canadian banks.
Typical Day in Role:
1) Perform qualitative and risk-based 1st Line Testing by reviewing key KYC control points of a sample selection and develop testing results in accordance with 1st Line Testing Procedures. Reviews will require strong knowledge of AML Policies & Procedures, basic foundations on how to represent numeric indicators and sound judgment.
2) Meet target dates for each 1st Line Testing process for every engagement. Communicate any potential risk that impacts compliance to target dates and, jointly with peers and management, design actions to prevent those risks.
3) Complete training programs that contribute to the development of 1st Line Testing expertise, strengthening competency to identify AML risk, and improve daily performance.
Relationship Management including: 1) Develop and maintain key relationships with Execution Teams and 2nd line of defence. 2) Consolidate requests for clarification from AML Advisory, Business Lines and other stakeholders when required.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 4+ years of Experience AML or QA Knowledge – experience reviewing files previously is preferred.
2) 4+ Years – Strong Analytical Skills – investigative, reporting, and planning skills
3) Excellent Communication Skills – verbal and written
1) Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Spanish and or Portuguese
2) Familiarity with the key products offered and related AML/ATF and sanctions functions
3) Six Sigma, Project Management, CAMS Certification or equivalent work experience
Soft Skills Required:
1) Attention to detail
2) Excellent teamwork
3) Interpersonal Skills
4) Highly organized and capable of dealing with complex projects
5) Self-starter vision, continuous learner and open to receive and provide constructive feedback
Degrees: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or equivalent work experience