Contract Duration: 3 months
Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Business Group: Retain and business transaction postings and are the Book of Records for Finance systems.
Project Summary: The main function of a Developer is to design, develop, and implement applications using general languages and technologies as needed
– Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
– Design, develop, implement and support Web and Cloud applications using the needed technologies to support business requirements
– Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
– Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
– Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
– Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
– Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
– Looking for a candidate that can support and web and cloud technologies.
• Source code repository – Clearcase, Bitbucket, Git, SourceTree
• J2EE technologies – Java, JSP, JSF, Servlets, EJB, JDBC, JNDI, JMS and Web Services (SOAP, REST)
• IDE tools – Eclipse, IBM RAD, WebLogic Workbench, IntelliJ, STS (SpringToolSuite), etc.
• Database experience – DB2, SQL, MySQL, Azure SQL, Redis Cache
• Build management and code deployment experience – IBM Websphere, BEA WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, Maven, Gradle, Azure CDP (Cloud Development Platform), Azure CI/CD DevOPs pipeline.
• Understand HTTPS, TLS/SSL and has experience on generate certificate, Keystore, Key Vault and others like Active Directory, Kerberos, MFA for user and application authentication.
• Logging and testing – Log4J, JUnit, PowerMock, Jest, Protractor, Jasmine, Selenium
• Code quality / security vulnerability scanning tools – Fortify, Pentest, BlackDuck
• Monitoring tools – Splunk, Dynatrace, Aternity
• Other software development tools – Atlassian Confluence, JIRA
• 5-7 years experience with Web and Cloud technologies (like Azure)
• At least 4 years of hands on experience with Development experience in needed language or technology
• Hands on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large-scale projects from end-to-end
• Hands on experience in following the iterative and agile SDLC
• 1-2 years of prior experience in level 1 production support
Nice to have skills:
1. FI or Banking experience would be an asset
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required