Role: Administrative Assistant
Duration: 1 Year
Reporting to the Property Director, the Property Administration Assistant is responsible for providing assistance to the Property Director in conducting his/her mandated duties in support of the tenant relation and property management functions. The Property Administration Assistant is accountable for responding to tenant-related issues and ensuring that they are resolved on a timely basis. The Property Administration Assistant also assist in the preparation of the annual income and expense budgets, reports, coordinating tenant special requests and property events; and other administrative tasks as required. Initiate tenant service requests to be addressed by Building Operations and follow up to make sure that issues are resolved effectively and on a timely basis.
• Coordinate all charity, tenant appreciation and property events. Contribute ideas and suggestions for various marketing plans, promotion events, etc. for the specific property.
• Establish and maintain professional working relationship with tenants, vendors, building security, cleaners and various contractors to ensure smooth operation of the property.
• Assist Property Director on tenant relation functions and monthly/quarterly reporting requirements.
• Assist in maintaining property-specific emergency procedures and make periodic updates to the Tenant & Construction Guides/Manuals.
• Act on behalf of the Property Director in his/her absence and advise on actions taken.
• Assist the Property Director in monitoring cost control projects monthly to ensure their accuracy and that the appropriate approvals are in place.
• Prepare Purchase Orders and process invoices for payment on Yardi Voyager in a timely manner and effectively resolve any issues with Real Estate Accounting.
• Assist the Property Director with the annual budget planning and processing.
• Post-secondary education (College diploma or University degree) or equivalent work experience.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years Commercial Real Estate experience.
• General knowledge of real estate policies and procedures.
• Experience using Yardi Voyager would be an asset.
• Solid understanding and ability to apply accounting principles in daily work.
• Good organizational, time management and priority setting skills to meet tight deadlines.
• Proven ability to work independently and as a team player.
• Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
• Good influencing and communication skills and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships.