Sr Solutions Architect
Typical Day in Role
1. Architect new solutions for projects.
2. Champion to modernize the legacy applications with out-of-the box thinking and innovative solutions that brings in efficiencies in software delivery resulting in a high-quality product, leading to an increased stability in Production
3. Understand different applications, understand interdependencies and participate in building architecture roadmaps that are strategically aligned to the bank’s strategic priorities.
4. Present and leverage technical information and solutions in a way that establishes trust within relationships, persuade stakeholders and achieve understanding and consensus at all levels.
5. Partner with multiple teams across the bank to collaborate on design strategy and direction.
6. Coach and mentor developers and assist them in technical challenges and ensure best practices are followed.
7. Promote a culture to follow standards and mentor the technical team members on a project to project basis.
8. Collaborate with the other technology teams in the Bank that deal with Security, Network, Database and Infrastructure
9. Providing suggestions for viable solutions when there are high priority production incidents or recurring incidents and lead those incidents until completed
10. Ensure Production Stability for the applications by doing swift root cause analysis and providing recommendations for troubleshooting issues and leading the issue resolution
11. Mentoring and coaching other team members on technical issues
12. Design and implement best practices/processes
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• Minimum of 10+ years of relevant work experience in a development department
– Previous experience of working as Solutions Architect for business-critical applications is preferred
• 5+ years’ experience in building Java/J2EE, microapp solutions using Java Springboot
• 5 + years’ experience in Databases (Oracle or DB2)
• Strong working experience designing and building applications on Cloud (MS Azure or Google Cloud)
• Experienced in Code deployment pipelines using Jenkins
• Experienced with Batch Processes
• Building and integrating reusable MicroApps using React
• Familiar with Domain-driven Design
• Experienced in Agile Methodology
• Financial industry/ Canadian banking background is an asset
• Hands-on Java development experience is an asset
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills are essential
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required