Typical Day in Role:
• You will greatly influence the design decisions for digital experiences that touch millions of users
every day across the CCAU countries.
• You will understand our users’ motivations and needs, leveraging rigorous design research and
usability principles as well as your intuitive design sense in a holistic way.
• You will meticulously consider user interactions and journeys and act as an advocate for the
constant improvement of both.
• You will produce compelling designs to illustrate concepts iteratively and to be able to provide
detailed specifications for software developers.
• You will drive customer testing and incorporate customer research and insights.
• You will demonstrate leadership by acting as design owner within your scrum through the
conception, build and release of software features.
• You will synthesize research outcomes into viable product experiences.
• You will exercise a high level of technical acuity with a thorough understanding of front-end
technologies and will factor it into your work limitations and constraints knowing when to push
• You will advocate for accessible design principles and implementation.
• You will provide feedback and coaching to other Designers at different levels of experience.
• You will perform in an open environment, striving to be persuasive and engaging while being self driven.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years of professional experience designing both responsive web and native mobile software
2) Demonstrated experience working on 3-5 projects that showcase both web and mobile native applications, as visible in a portfolio of work
3) 3-5 years’ experience with Figma
4) 1+ years’ designer experience within Financial Services/Banking e.g. fintech, other Canadian bank
5) 5+ years’ experience working in an Agile environment
1) Figma Sketch, Adobe XD experience
2) Working experience of JIRA and Confluence
3) Bilingual in Spanish
Soft Skills Required:
• Ability to communicate concepts, ideas and strategies using rapid visual design techniques.
• Ability to work within the constraints of a Design System with flexibility, and a desire to push existing
standards to the next level by contributing back to our Design System library.
• A positive and resilient personality with a growth mentality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous improvement.
• A demonstrable history of applying design thinking tenets and user centered design principles to
2 design problems..
• A fast learner who has an appetite to uncover what’s behind both, simple and complex financial solutions.
• Ability to plot and map a user journey from product discovery through enrollment, down multiple engagement routes and through to journey completion.
• A high level of technical acuity with a thorough understanding of front-end technologies and will factor it into your work limitations and constraints knowing when to push boundaries.
Bachelors or master’s degree in Design, Humanities, Systems engineering or related fields (or
equivalent work experience).
Studies and/or experience in complementary fields to Product Design, like visual design, animation, research, data analysis, applied arts, writing and communications, etc. an asset