Hiring Manager: Manager, Database Administration
Location Address: Hybrid – Toronto
Contract Duration: Until October 31st. 2023
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours: 8:30am-5pm (Rotational shift – contractor will be on 24/7 pager support once a month for a week)
Story Behind the Need:
• The GTS – ECCO Database Architecture, Engineering & Support team is seeking a Senior Database Administration to provide on-going support and quarterly PSU vulnerability patching of Wealth Management databases. Primarily will provide continued support Dundee databases for Cognos BI, CDW/FDW, Personal Trade Assistant (PTA) projects.
• Reason for Request: Workload/Project/Backfill
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain hands on experience with modern database technologies, along with many opportunities to learn and grow.
Candidate Must Have Requirements:
The team is looking for a Core Oracle DBA with experience in Oracle Database versions 12c & 19c.
1. 5+ years of hands-on experience with RAC (Real Application Cluster) – setup, configure and support
2. 5+ years of hands-on experience with Automatic Storage Management (ASM) – setup, configure and support
3. 5+ years of hands-on experience with Data Guard – database replication tools, setup, configure and support
4. 5+ years of hands-on experience with Database performance and tuning
5. Ability to provide 24×7 production support (L1 & L2) – rotational shift
Nice to Have:
• Familiar with Security and Auditing
• Oracle Golden Gate
• Database setup in a Cloud environment
• Oracle Certifications
• Familiar with OEM/Grid Control (13c)
• Familiar with Oracle Exadata
• Experience with Oracle Installation
• Experience with Database creation and upgrade of Oracle Database versions 12c & 19c
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction
• Good time management and organizational skills to effectively manage high scale project.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• One Step Process: MS Teams Interview (1.5 Hours)
• Technical manager will cover soft skills and technical components
• Purely database administration role, not just application support
• Require hands on relevant and recent experience
• Please ensure that candidates are core Oracle DBAs with database access