Business Analyst- Capital Markets
This incumbent supports the OTC trading cycle from Front to Back office independently and in a project team setting to conceptualize, define, document, develop, test, implement and maintain the PeakXV Folder System.
• Excellent time and relationship management will be required to manage upcoming deliverables and user expectations for each release. The result of which must be articulately communicated to the Development team and outlined in JIRA tickets.
• Requirements gathering and documentation for existing and new processes/systems developed within Trade Management system.
• Creating Test Cases and fully running through scenarios to ensure results match up with business expectations and that releases are bug free.
Typical Day in Role:
• Independently resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of the assigned Lines of Business, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
• Participate in the systems implementation process by defining business requirements and processes, developing test strategies and test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
• The incumbent must have advanced knowledge of financial instruments, including market conventions and valuation methods, risk management methodologies and models including best practices, current and anticipated regulatory requirements, Back Office processes and the end-to-end workflows among the Front, Middle and Back Offices within at least one financial market area (e.g. foreign exchange, interest rate derivatives) and a very good knowledge of at least one other financial market area.
• The incumbent must be a creative, self-starting, results oriented and highly motivated individual with excellent analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems.
• The incumbent must have proven interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills in order to build consensus
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 7+ years of Business Analyst experience on a technology or application team.
• 4+ years’ experience working within Capital Market, with direct experience working with OTC Derivatives
• 4+ years’ experience with test case design, automated testing and regression testing
• Experience with continuous delivery and deployment, and knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Strong data analysis skill in SQL languages and advanced Excel
• Financial risk experience is an asset
• Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) test scenarios is an asset
• Excellent verbal and business written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required