Business Analyst- Capital Markets
Typical Day in Role
• Work closely with various stakeholders including business partners in risk management, operations and financial engineering, business analyst, architecture, and infrastructure and support to understand business requirements and drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
• Will be responsible for the effective analysis, design, and delivery of high-quality solutions that meet the business needs.
• Work with diverse set of technologies to implement new systems, or enhancing existing implementations, and ensure sound integration with surrounding components from end-to-end operational perspective.
• Proactively partner with business line representatives to drive improved technology solutions that support the business strategy.
• Collaborates with multiple technology groups and vendors to ensure that the application, integrations, infrastructure and security architectures are designed to meet evolving business requirements, meet standards for reliability, scalability, performance and availability and align with the Bank’s Technology roadmap
• Coordinate and work with vendor partners, other developers, architects, business analysts, infrastructure and change management groups to deliver project goals, and identify opportunities for process and system improvements
• Manipulate data and complete configuration changes
• Maintain and share documentation
• Project support and production support are possible during working hours
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 6-8 years of relevant experience as a BA/BSA in the IT and business industries
• 2-3+ years in capital markets or risk management
o Advanced knowledge of Capital Markets, financial instruments, valuation methods, and market risk processes
• Ability to translate business requirements to technical terms for the development team (and vice versa)
• Experience with RiskWatch and/or risk scenario analysis would be a great asset
• Exposure to programming skills in Python is an asset
• Elastic Search, Unix, and SQL are assets (may need to write SQL queries)
• Proven leadership skills with an experience managing a high performing team in an agile development setting
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain co-operation from both stakeholder groups and other technology teams.
• Team Player
• Ability to create business solutions that meet the clients’ needs
• Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong problem solving and analytic skills.
• Must be a self-starter, reliable, highly motivated, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field required
• A CFA or FRM designation would be an asset