The main function of a Systems Administrator is to be responsible for the administration of core systems as well as monitoring and repair of high performance computing systems. Ensures consistent and reliable operation including enterprise servers and network infrastructure.
• Provides wide ranging system administration in a multi-platform environment
• Responsible for general systems administration tasks including system configuration management, OS installations, security updates, urgent system patching
• Writes and implements scripts to automate tasks
• Ability to identify and troubleshoot hardware components that are problematic
• Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, network disruption awareness and predefined key processes
• Reviews system logs, application logs and security logs
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• 4-5 years’ experience required
• Proven work experience as a system or network administrator
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 4-5 years overall Red hat linux
2) Hosting apps on linux application
3) Experience with network security surrounding linux
4) Trouble shooting, problem solving.
5) Scripting (automate)- powershell, python, bash- someone who can pick up on the languages
6) Any automation tools
7) Good Communication skills- speaking to technology groups/business groups/server/ security groups
7) Nice to have: Certification in Red hat Linux, previous experience at a large bank, Service now ticketing tool.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree or Post-Secondary education
Additional notes: This resource is required for day to day application support and application projects. They will be part of application on-boarding, configuring within the linux platform. This candidate should be able to hit the ground running. The manager also requires good communication skills and someone who is strong with scripting (powershell, python etc.)