Location: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 4 Month contract with extension
• Project Summary : The main function of a QA Accessibility Test Analyst is to develop, implement, and document all testing activities.
– Execute test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures
– Test system modifications to prepare for implementation
– Develop testing programs that addresses areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability
– Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content
– Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
– Create or maintain databases of known test defects
– Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
– Experience writing test documentation such as Test Plans, scripts and test results reports
– Ability to analyze/interpret test results and provide recommendations to improve testing
– Proven ability to work with business groups, work under pressure with tight deadlines, high attention to detail, self-motivated independent and team player, strong analytical and creative thinking, efficient verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, self-motivated personality.
Qualification of Must have skills:
1) At least 2 years of prior work experience in performing accessibility testing activities by ensuring accuracy of guidelines and overall accessible quality of the application under test
2) Experienced and knowledge of global regulatory standards such as AODA and WCAG for accessibility testing
3) Work closely with the Accessibility team, vendors, and business teams in order to support and implement accessible applications
4) At least 3+ years of experience working with frontend technologies like HTML5, CSS and JS in order to leverage validation of client facing UIs
5) At least 3+ years of experience working on accessibility tests within native mobile environments whenever applicable.
6) At least 3+ years of experience leveraging automated testing tools and assistive technologies such as text-to-speech, magnification, voice recognition to diagnose accessibility deficiencies (Tools like NVDA and JAWS).
Other skills needed:
• Evaluate digital accessibility and provide remediation recommendations
• Inspect web code or native apps and identify accessibility issues
• Answer questions on implementing specific accessibility requirements for specific products
• Contribute to centralized accessibility documentation and guidelines