Job Posting Title: Project Manager/Leader – Level 3 – Digital Initiatives
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 5 months
Our public sector client is looking for a Project Manager/Leader – Level 3 to manage Digital Initiatives. The PM provides project management on large scale, complex, high profile and high risk projects for OPS I&IT initiatives. Ensures project deliverables meet clients’ business requirements on time, scope and budget, with a focus on cost-effectiveness, efficiencies and compliance with OPS project management methodologies and frameworks
• Leads organizational development, strategy development, business planning, and Ministry funding requests.
• Gathers and develops requirements in order to create and maintain a detailed project schedule and/or integrated plan.
• Ability to monitor and forecast project costs and provide reporting and input to ensure targets are met
• Experience developing and managing project schedules, deliverables, and scope
• Ability to promote I&IT project management best practices and adherence to standard methodologies
• Demonstrated experience directing project teams to ensure project deliverables are delivered on time and adhere to government and ministry standards
• Extensive experience coordinating and monitoring project processes, and developing/communicating guidelines and procedures
• Sources, selects and on-boards team members in various disciplines, clarify roles and responsibilities and set task/deliverable/performance expectations for resources that are both OPS unionized employees as well as fee for service (FFS) consultants.
• Resolves resourcing and inter-personal conflicts, negotiates changes to resourcing, ensures knowledge is shared among team members such as project objectives and deliverables are met.
• Develops complex project budgets based on multiple funding channels and cross ministry dependencies.
• Effectively manages large project budgets and ensures a high level of fiscal control and accountability including estimates, forecasts and reconciliation/confirmation of actuals.
• Proactively identifies potential risk events and issues before they occur so that proper mitigating strategies can be developed.
• Articulates and prioritizes issues and risks at senior executive levels and recommends mitigation strategies for decision makers.
• Establishes and participates in steering committee and stakeholder forums.
• Provides, project, program, and/or portfolio reporting to multi-stakeholders at senior executive levels.
• Uses appropriate strategies and actions to overcome resistance to change and capitalize on forces in support of change during all stages of projects – concept, definition, planning, implementation and close-out.
• Promotes OPS I&IT standards and best practices for project management to facilitate control of system quality, adherence to standard methodology and the control of the use of I&IT resources.
• Knowledge and understanding of Project Management’s Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge
• Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices
• Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and related regulations and standards
• Ability to make recommendations on the acquisition of software, hardware, and technology resources
• Experience managing and coordinating project monitoring, anticipates and troubleshoots issues, provides ongoing expertise, resolves problems and provides project effectiveness
• Ability to identify conflict between project and functional areas and develops responses to successfully address conflict
• Ability to handle client relationships to manage expectations, provides updates as required, identifies potential conflicts between project and functional areas
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
- Continuing activities of supporting and promoting Cluster and ministry organization on agile / scrum work including support of:
- Other CYSSC branches
- Child Welfare Redesign Team
- Development of a CYIS Digital First platform and technology stack with key stakeholders. Focus of the work will be to move from monolithic applications to more agile, low code / no code and reduce TCO of current CYIS suite of applications.
- Ensure that platform and technology stack aligns to both CYSSC and OPS architecture requirements and overall government Digital First Agenda.