Hiring Manager: Senior Manager Development
Location Address: Hybrid (currently remote but will be expected to go in office as required)
Contract Duration: 6 months
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
Extension Opportunity: Yes
FTE Opportunity: Yes
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering
Project: Reporting to a Senior Manager you will work closely with Scrum team/Product Owners & Production Support team and various Small Business lines. You are expected to work on your own initiative with respect to defined goals and objectives set by your manager. You will work closely with customers, Business Analysts, and Production support team members to understand business needs and requirements to drive the analysis, design and construction of quality technical solutions.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within the bank. We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work. You will get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology.
Typical Day in Role:
• Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for analysis, troubleshooting, designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting applications software that is delivered on time.
• Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
• Run queries to support production tickets analysis and as a reference to assist with operational workarounds.
• Provides guidance and training to less experienced analysts and programmers.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with the bank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 10+ years of Development experience in CRM, Decisioning, Robotics, or another strategic Pega application (Pega Frameworks)
2. 10+ years of experience of project delivery frameworks including: Agile and Scrum
3. 10+ years of experience working with authenticated, customer focused software (provide examples)
4. 10+ years of experience with REST API design, Java Spring Boot
6. 10+ years of experience with one modern JS framework – Specifically, React
• Experience with Cloud Foundry, Spring MVC framework, Git, SVN and Bitbucket.
• Have built accessible and internationalized web applications before (Java, J2EE).
• Have built software for customers and employees.
• Previous Banking/financial industry experience.
• Excellent communication skills, problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task, manage time effectively and work within tight timelines.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent consulting and presentation skills.
Best vs. Average Candidate:
• A proactive, positive, and flexible attitude. A real team player.
• Strong mentoring and coaching skills to other junior production support team members.
• Stay up to date with industry best practice.
• Relevant University and/or College education (i.e. Engineering, Computer Sciences, Information Management).