Business Analyst- Capital Markets
Typical Day in Role
• Communicating with multiple stakeholders to aid in the implementation of the new Beacon platform being built.
• Working with stakeholders across Canada and the US
• Conduct proper documentation
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Leverage knowledge of equity products to drive success of project
• Working in an Agile environment
• Work closely with stakeholders within all business functions to assess the current and future states, perform gap analyses, derive business requirements, and design solutions that meets business and regulatory needs.
• Provides expert knowledge of cross-functional and business processes.
• Provides support production issues
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years’ experience as a BA
• 2+ years’ experience with equity products within capital markets (equity options, market linked GICs, auto callable notes)
• Experience with documentation, able to create workflow diagrams, business requirements, etc.
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders (front to back office within capital markets: developers, traders, etc.)
• Experience with Agile methodologies.
• Fixed income experience (cash flows, interest rate swaps)
• Cloud experience is an asset
• Ability to participate in programming or scripting
• Experience with SQL and databases
• Jira and Confluence experience
• Able to document and clearly communicate with stakeholders
• Team player
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business, commerce, or related field required