Job Title: Bilingual Business Systems Analyst
Contract: 6 months to start
Location: Montreal, QC
*** Please note – the successful candidate will be required to initially be in Toronto for 2-3 weeks for training. This will take place in March ***
Brief Project Description: Digital projects
The successful candidate will be on-boarded as a Business Analyst to work on various Digital projects (Online and/or Mobile) that run under an Agile methodology. Payments/Digital Money Movement experience preferred.
• Part of the BA team in Digital that consists of over 40 BAs
· Role will report into Online Banking BA Senior Manager team
· Culture is highly collaborative
You will be responsible for business analysis activities on medium to large size projects. The role demonstrates advanced knowledge and ability, applying the competency in new or complex situations and guides other professionals. The role is responsible for execution of all aspects of requirements delivery- planning, elicitation, analysis and documentation, management, and support – for changes to Business Areas and Technology.
• Perform requirements stakeholder analysis to identify impacted or influencing groups and stakeholder requirements responsibilities
• Develop plans and accurate estimates for completion of requirements, continuously improving the level of detail and accuracy of estimates
• Manage risks, assumptions and constraints for requirements, and communicate to appropriate parties
• Facilitate collaborative sessions with large and diverse business stakeholder groups to drive requirements discovery, analysis, and review
• Partner with 3rd party vendors to ensure that the vendor requirements documentation
• Build and maintain a repository of reusable requirements documentation to support future initiatives, following the enterprise standards
• Prepare requirements for review applying various communication techniques and lead requirements walkthrough and sign off sessions
• Apply advanced coverage analysis techniques to ensure relationship between scope, detailed requirements, and testing through to implementation
• Provide guidance and support to build the capabilities of the junior BAs
Agile project daily responsibilities are:
Product Backlog Management: Identify, document, and refine user stories to increase the degree of detail relating to acceptance criteria, assumptions, constraints, dependencies. Identify Business Rules and Data Elements associated with the user stories
Understanding of Current State: Understand current state from a business perspective and to a lesser degree, from a technical perspective. Operational impacts will be understood in coordination with the Journey Operations Lead.
Sprint admin: Digital maintenance of sprint activities and user stories
Any BA Certifications or courses would be considered an asset.
What program/technology/software knowledge is essential for this role and in what capacity will the successful candidate be using it:
Strong knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, Office, Visio
Must Have Skills/Experience (In order of priority):
Bilingual – Equally strong French and English language skills
Financial Institution and/or telecommunication experience with relevant Digital experience.
5+ years of experience as a BA/BSA
Demonstrated experience with user stories, use cases, system use cases, functional and non-functional requirements.
Clear understanding and experience with System Interface Specifications
Proven ability to gather Business requirements and Systems requirements independently
Strong knowledge of Requirements methodology (planning, elicitation, documentation) – both within Agile and Waterfall project frameworks
Excellent attention to detail, analytical thinking, and gap analysis
Demonstrated experience with user stories, business and systems use cases, business context diagrams and business process maps
Experience working on large projects over $2 million
Excellent communication skills required; will be working with BU stakeholders and IT stakeholders; Experience facilitating a large roomful of stakeholders (15–20 or more).
Excellent collaboration skills, and highly adaptable
Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline
What will set you apart:
Experience in Online and Mobile banking projects related to Digital Payments/Money Movement
Previous Top 5 Bank experience working with bank processes, tools and project methodologies
Writing BDD Feature Files