System Administrator – 3
Requisition ID: JP00007945
Requisition Title: System Administrator – 3
Location: Downtown Toronto
Hours: 9-5pm with rotational shifts 7am to 3pm (every3/4 weeks)
Contract Duration: asap to 10/31/2018- expectation is to extend
Number of Positions: 2
* Infrastructure Planning: Provide assistance in the development and maintaining of the Unix/Linux infrastructure services based on the banks standards. Maintain up to date documentation.
* Infrastructure Administration: Responsible for configuring, implementing and trouble shooting any issues that involve unix infrastructure services
* Policies and Procedures: Assist in the identification, development and maintenance of policies and procedures that are relevant to the proper operational functions of the Unix infrastructure.
* Evaluate New Products and Services: Assist in the evaluation of new unix related products. Provide detailed results to be incorporated in the management summary reports.
* Users Education: Assist in presenting to the Unix admins with education materials to ensure that the UNIX Support groups are current with Unix infrastructure design and implementations.
* Disaster Recovery: Maintain operational readiness ensuring rapid and complete recovery in the event of a catastrophic disaster. Conduct testing on regular bases, as outlined in the banks policies and procedures, to ensure DR functionality. Update the policies and procedures as required.
* Risk Assessment: Ability to use the available Unix tools to monitor the environment and identify any issues which could be of a risk.
* Project Planning and Management: Provide assistance in project management functions during all stages of requirements rollout including: assessment, planning, initiation, implementation and management
* Capacity Planning: Update the capacity-planning model for the Unix environment. Make recommendations to management on the requirements to increase capacity when required
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills
1) Solaris 10/11 (7+ years administration, migration, updates)
2) RedHat (7+ years monitoring, engineering, virtualization, optimization)
3) NIS, NFS, Solaris Zones, LDOMS
4) Symantec Storage Foundation & Cluster Services
5) Large enterprise environment (100+ servers)
6) Scripting (7+ years with shell/Perl scripting)
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• 5-7 years’ experience required
• Proven work experience as a system or network administrator