Service Desk Analyst – Waterloo – 8034966
Service Desk Analyst
Location: Waterloo – ON
Duration: 14 months
4-6 years’ experience required. This role will reside primarily within the Service Management Team working with our IS and Business partners to resolve Tier 1 issues as well as manage day to day requests. The Bank IS Service Desk is the first point of contact to support and assist with issues pertaining to Bank applications including Portfolio Plus along with peripheral systems that run the Bank (Commissions, Contact Center, Batch processes etc.). This includes providing first line investigation/diagnosis where possible and keeping Business users and Bank IS support teams informed of progress. This position will also involve the key challenges of this role are as follows:
• Exercising judgment in identifying issues, challenging courses of action, assessing risks, developing recommendations and modifying plans as business conditions and Bank governance changes.
• Ensure compliance with Global processes and regulatory obligations.
• Promote the use of a structured, standardized model and the supporting procedures.
• Ability to understand organizational boundaries and work effectively with all areas.
• Deliver in a fast paced, complex technical environment.
• Responsible for the day to day intake of Census tickets (Inquiry, Maintenance, Change and Fix) for Bank IS Production Systems with a focus on minimizing or mitigating business impact.
• Managing Bank (Business and Technical) intake logs and coordinating necessary resources for all tickets tracked into Census application
• First point of contact for Business Operations Service Desk
• Maintain consistent and current categorization of Census field values and Intake work flow’s.
• Ensuring consistency with logging of Census service requests (ticket components) through auditing efforts to ensure accurate management reporting and effective prioritization.
• Ensuring service requests in Census are facilitated to the appropriate resolution area and completed or resolved in a timely manner.
• Promote and maintain a solid business relationship with Service Desk partners and vendors.
• Ongoing refinement of Intake work/process flows to eliminate any duplication of efforts, improve processing efficiencies and to increase understanding of responsibilities between Intake support roles.
• Where required, logging and facilitation of Technical initiatives in Census.
• Monitor Service Desk Inbox to ensure inquiries are responded to in a timely manner.
• Identify process improvement opportunities within the Service Management team as well as the Business and Bank IS groups
• When required provide support and coordination of complex infrastructure changes and testing coordination of minor infrastructure changes
• Assist the Compliance Analyst in gathering information related to Bank Audits
Top (2-3) must-have qualities for the candidates you’re looking for?
1. Experience in an IT organization; preferably within a service desk or service delivery team.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of management
3. Strong Process Knowledge (ITIL) and confidence to participate and challenge where needed
How many years of experience are required? 4 to 6 years | What applications or tools will be used in this role? Service Now, Census, Jira, Share Point