Job Title: Senior IT Project Manager
Duration: 6 months
As a Senior IT Project Manager in client's Investments and Corporate Application Services matrix organization, the incumbent will be responsible for planning, managing, and implementing complex large systems projects in support of client's business plans and goals.
• Manage all phases of large or several medium, high risk IT application projects from initiation to closure while leveraging best practice standards and processes set out by client’s PMOs and other industry organizations, including PMI.
• Provide clear direction and motivation to project team.
• Ensure the definition and approval of project scope, deliverables, desired quality and measures of success.
• Manage stakeholder relationships to ensure project delivery expectations are specified and successfully met.
• Develop and manage detailed work plans, project schedules, estimates and resource plans in conjunction with project team members and other involved business and IT teams.
• Monitor and report on project status highlighting issues and risks appropriately. And, as necessary, coordinate the development, discussion, and approval of corrective action and/or contingency plans.
• Define and manage project risks and issues ensuring appropriate strategies and plans are in place to mitigate or handle effectively. Proactively escalate risks and issues as appropriate.
• Ensure effective and timely communication occurs within the project team and between the project team and their stakeholders.
• Ensure that appropriate processes, tools and techniques are available and used by the project team.
• Ensure that project activities and deliverables adhere to internal quality standards.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on relationship management and team building.
• Ability to confidently interact with various levels of management
• Can effectively and concisely communicate project and technical information to provide comprehensive, concise recommendations to management.
• Strong influencing skills and the ability to manage difficult situations to resolution.
• Ability to effectively manage projects in a matrix organization.
• Ability to hold project team members and other stakeholders accountable to ensure that projects can progress according to plan.
• Can effectively analyze project expense trends and understands the impact on projected spend.
• Has a personal sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done and instills the same in the project team.
• Ability to partner with resource managers to deal fairly, firmly and promptly with performance problems.
• Ability to create project plans for complex projects with many interrelated paths.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Ability to work with ambiguity and help project team members work with ambiguity.
• University degree, college diploma or appropriate experience in lieu of.
• PMP Certification, and in good standing with PMI.
• Project management experience in the insurance industry or finance industry.