The Senior Project Manager will assume overall responsibility for the successful delivery of projects based on the following:
• Work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, internal departments and vendors to secure project funding, define project deliverables, including overseeing all design, development and implementation activities
• Build and maintain project budget and schedule, determine resource requirements and associated gaps.
• Identify and manage project risks, costs and benefits through planning, schedule revisions, manpower adjustments and fund allocation.
• Provide leadership and guidance to cross-functional project team members and liaise with various functional domains (Technology, Operations, Development, Marketing, Service Bureau, Sales, etc.) to maximize the likelihood of project success.
• Actively participate in identifying solutions or initiating appropriate escalation where required.
• Provide relevant and high quality project governance and communication to sponsors, executives and project team members, including; key project milestones, issue logs, budget reports, weekly status reports and risk assessments/contingency plans.
• Respond to issues and manage the customer’s expectations regarding any changes throughout the project life cycle
• Mentoring and coaching the development of resources including junior PMs, BAs, and other team members.
• Drive innovation and simplicity – identify opportunities and drive process improvements, standardization, and enablers to gain efficiencies in project delivery and life cycles.
• Gather project funding requirements, develop business cases and present at various councils and committees for review and approval – IT CIO, BRS IPC , Infrastructure
• Manage project financials, and ensure accurate invoicing & budget documentation – including PEATS Due Diligence
• A minimum 5-7 years of IT Project Management. Proven ability to manage large scale and complex projects , lasting 6 to 12+ months in duration and requiring cross-functional teams of 20 or more people in a matrix environment to deliver.
• Strong knowledge of project management methodology and best practices (e.g. PMI), proficiency using Project Management Tools including MS Office products (Excel, Work, PowerPoint) and MS Project and strong understanding of the Project Life Cycle. Formal project management training is desirable; PMI/PMP certification is not required but is considered an asset.
• Experience in Information Technology , Corporate Security and preferably a background knowledge of the telecommunications industry enabling you to appropriately guide project requirements, identify risks and direct analysis is desirable.
• Knowledge and understanding of network, systems, IT and Operations processes
• Excellent communication skills both oral & written
• Proven facilitation, planning & organization skills
• Proven leadership skills to negotiate, motivate and manage large teams
• Strong coaching and leadership skills – experience with direct reports
• Ability to manage ambiguity, uncertainty and changing priorities
Preferred Qualifications /Competencies:
Knowledge of Corporate Security and associated security enforcements (scanning, infrastructure, firewalls, WAF’s, MFA/DFA, other security protocols, etc.)
• Knowledge of other system areas outside of ordering such as billing, provisioning and field services
The candidate would ideally be located in Toronto.
• Ability to efficiently work in virtual teams, handling multiple projects and aggressive timelines
• Fast paced, changing working environment, interfacing with a myriad of stakeholders
• Available to work occasional weekends and evenings to meet hard deadlines
• Full time teleworking not an option