Job Title: Project Control Officer
Job Id: JP00008312
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Enterprise Portfolio Management is seeking an experience Project Control Officer to assume project support responsibility for all aspects of the project over the entire project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close). They will directly support the Manager for all projects under their portfolio, therefore multiple projects that are very demanding. They will provide administrative support, invoicing resolutions, project planning, and presentations. In addition, they will be responsible for Jira/Confluence management: creating sprints & running reports. Projects will deal with Information Security, Jira/Confluence clean-up, PII project (project info at banks), (ISC project) etc.
• Reason for request: Workload/Project need
Typical Day in Role
• Maintain the project files; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
• Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered under projects, reviewing the weekly and monthly time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded and maintaining ongoing cost to complete forecasts. This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
• Act as the project secretariat; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating and following up on action items and maintaining project distribution lists.
• Support the Delivery Manager to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities. The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress.
• Formally document and cost project activities by using the Microsoft Project tool Definition of development activities at sufficient detail levels (not to exceed 10 work day increments and not to detail less than 4 hours) • Ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed on project reports and escalating issues to the Delivery Manager, or Senior Delivery Manager as required
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Project Control Officer experience (7+ years experience)
2) Financials (7+ years managing project financials, forecasting, budget planning)
3) Jira/Confluence (Any experience managing Jira, creating sprints, running reports)
4) FI/Banking Industry (5+ years experience as a PCO at another bank)
Degrees or certifications:
– Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience
– PMP designation is an asset
– Formal Project Management Education is desired