The client’s Telecom infrastructure is currently undergoing VoIP transition as part of a large legacy communications systems Life-Cycling program. Users across multiple buildings have a mix of different stand-alone systems and are due for refresh of end of life infrastructure over the next 1-2 years. Several of the core switches are already manufacturer discontinued and end of life for support adding day to day risk as well as exposing challenges for growth or moves on the platforms.
Due to the mix of impacted systems and complexity of analyzing and managing numerous inventory lists, it is critical to secure a dedicated business analyst resource to support the migrations.
Recruit and onboard a skilled Junior level contractor to support planning and management of activities for a period of 12 months. This resource will work closely with the project manager and team using proficient data analysis and organization skills to assist in project deployment planning. The work will require initiative and the ability to prioritize and it is essential to be able to meet deadlines and get the maximum amount of quality work done while adhering to company policies.
Budget to cover this Contract engagement will be covered within the Optimus Voice Infrastructure program.
Primary Role & Responsibilities:
Project Administration and Coordination
- Collecting, integrating and manipulating client data into master spreadsheets via Excel or Access
- Communicate with clients throughout the data acquisition, assessment and scheduling process
- Managing multiple implementation projects simultaneously; prioritizing effectively to ensure on-time and accurate scheduling & implementation
- Assist the Project team with various administrative tasks, as needed
- Assist Project team with reporting & scheduling activities
- The successful candidate will work with software in a timely and accurate manner by analyzing, formatting and uploading data.
Contractor must possess the following:
- Minimum post-secondary education in administration or the equivalent
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed with proactive approach to problem solving
- Multi-task oriented team member with ability to self-manage tasks to completion under high pressure and within structured timelines
- Advanced data analysis and data management skills – analytical ability to extract, integrate, conceptualize and apply ideas with previous experience collating and analyzing data
- Strong Computer skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
- Excellent people skills, strong communication skills and team spirit
- Proven Organizational and Administration skills
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills. French is beneficial but not mandatory
- Be willing to travel on occasion