Requisition ID: JP00007103
Requisition Title: IT Project Manager – 2
Location Address: Scarborough – ON (may have to go Downtown once a week)
Duration: 6 months – will likely get extended
Hours: 8:00AM-4:30PM or 8:30AM-5PM (flexibility required to work on evening/weekends)
• Business group: Global Technology Services' Technology Program Office requires an Infrastructure Project Manager to oversee the application of project management methodology during all phases of the project cycle, with responsibilities that include project design, scope management, cost control, quality, risk management and performance reporting. The activities being performed by this Project Manager are directly related to the installation and configuration of network devices and equipment and is therefore capitalized. The Data Centre Network Obsolescence Project (end of life) will address network equipment obsolescence in the Data Centre and Global Banking Market Network Services environment within Canada, USA, Europe and Asia for expiring network devices.
• Reason for request: Workload/Project need. TPO does not have sufficient resources to support this critical initiative.
• Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope using MS Excel and MS Project.
• Manage project resources task completion • Work with technical and business teams to identify applications that will be impacted by network changes.
• Partner closely with other members of functional business teams to review application business requirements to set up implementation dates • Ensure business groups has appropriate test plans for migrations • Lead teams of technical resources in the delivery of high-quality solutions that meet business needs.
• Adhere and ensure team is following the Data Centre End of life Process Guide • Facilitate pre-migration walkthrough meetings and implementations • Set up and host war room meetings after migrations • Monitor and control finances and scope to ensure cost-benefit analysis is aligned with the business case.
• Ensure appropriate project management processes are being adhered to.
• Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors as required.
Must Have Skills:
•IT Project Manager (3+ years’ experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment).
•Network Infrastructure (3+ years’ experience with Cisco networking devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, etc.) •Data Centre environment (3+ years’ experience).
•MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint (3+ years’ experience).
•FI/Banking Industry experience.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment under pressure • Understanding of financials within a project • Ability to communicate well with business and technical stakeholders
• PMP/PMI designation
• Good understanding of how to troubleshoot in an IT environment
Degrees or certifications:
•Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, engineering, business or related field required.
•Overall at least 3 to 5 years’ experience as an IT Project Manager for network / infrastructure projects.